Supermarket Opening Times For New Year’s Eve – New Year’s Day

Opening Times

London, Dec 30, 2018 (Issuewire.com) – The last day of the year, just before New Years Eve starts, the supermarkets are filled with customers trying to ensure they have all the right snacks and drinks to make their New Years Party a success. Therefore, shopping on the 31st of December can be a bit stressful especially with stores closing earlier than usual. According to research done by Opening-Times.co.uk the majority of supermarkets will close by 6 pm. Your best bet for late-evening shopping is Tesco, Sainsburys and Co-op with an average closing time of 9 pm.

New Years Day opening times will be even more restricted. While the majority of supermarket chains will have most of their stores opened on the 1st of January, over 2000 supermarkets will be closed all day. Waitrose, Marks & Spencer, Iceland & Lidl will all have less than a quarter of their stores open on the 1st of January and all of the Aldi shops will be closed. For the supermarkets that will be open on New Years Day, the vast majority (75%) of the establishments will open by 9 am; the other 25% will be opened by 12 pm.

More on StockNewDesk:

Lidl will close all but 6% of its stores, as only shops within the M25 will remain open on that day. Waitrose will for its part close most of its large stores, the Waitrose stores that will remain open on the 1st of January being the ones located within service stations off major motorways, all Aldi establishments will be closed.

When you look at the whole of the United Kingdom, stores in Edinburgh and Glasgow will see the shortest opening times on the 1st of January while Manchester has the shortest amount of opened grocery stores both on New Years Eve and on New Years Day. Nottingham and London are on the top of the list of cities with the longest opening times over that period.

The research showed another remarkable statistic; of the 7200, supermarkets that were included in the research done by Opening-Times.co.uk over 15 per cent did not share any information about their opening times for these days on their website, leaving theirs consumers gambling for an open store.

Notes to editors
for more information please contact Opening-Times.co.uk at [email protected]. Graphs and images are available upon request.

About Opening Times
Opening-times.co.uk was founded in 2007 as the first website entirely focused on the collection and dissemination of opening hours in the United Kingdom. The website has grown to become one of the most popular websites in the retail sector.

Source :Opening Times

This article was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.

Latest on StockNewDesk:

Login

Register | Lost your password?